Sunday, May 20, 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses: Swatches & Review

Today's featured product has to be one of my favourites.  Revlon always has amazing products - it's one of my favourite drugstore brands.  They're products are affordable and good-quality.  What I'm talking about is... Super Lustrous Lipglosses with SPF 12.  I currently own 6 shades (4 of which are considered new, 2 which have been around a while).  Originally, 4 of these shades were limited edition, though they have now been integrated into the permanent line.

My favourite has to be Coral Reef (see far right above and below).  It is my perfect peachy-pink coral and would be flattering on a lot of skin tones.  These glosses are very pigmented and mostly opaque - with the exception of 160 Firecracker - which is a jelly glossy red (left hand side below.)  Next is 040 Nude Luster - which is just like it's name... a nude luster.  3rd swatch is 150 Peach Petal.  This one is a bit light for my lips but works nicely as a base for me.  It is a pastel neutral pink and is fairly opaque.  The next two shades are the most fun.  200 Lilac Pastelle is an creamy opaque lilac purple shade and is reminiscent of a MAC lipstick I used to own.  Then we have 180 Pink Pop which is a vibrant clean pink.  It's showing up a bit blue-toned in the photo below but it would look amazing over MAC's Pink Pigeon or MAC's Quick Sizzle lipsticks.  Finally, we have my personal favourite of the bunch, 170 Coral Reef.  This is a nice pink coral shade that looks lovely alone or over a lipstick.
I love that I can easily wear these without lipstick and they are so pigmented.  They are a bit tacky but they also make my lips feel so glossy and smooth.  I just love these.

Have you tried these? What are your favourite Revlon products?

xo, Chanel

5 comments:

  1. I've heard that these are amazing, but I'm not enough of a lipgloss wearer to splurge on them. Haha. I suppose if I was in need of a colored lipgloss, however, this is the brand I'd turn to because I have heard such amazing things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love the coral one (: So glad you featured these.
    Also I'm really excited to follow you (: I hope you'll return the favor! It would mean so much coming from you.

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog checkout mine on

    http://www.onjokes.blogspot.com

    feel free to leave a comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish these were scented :s other than that they are awesome!
    great post!

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try them! :) Love the Lilac pastelle :)

    Btw, 'm a new follower! :) You're awesome, keep it up! :) Looking back for your new posts. Hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete